We respect your privacy
At North-by-West Maritime Expeditions (hereafter referred to as NbW), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we ask for your personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We only use the information we collect about you carefully, lawfully and in accordance with Swiss data privacy law and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What Information do we collect from you?
- We collect personal identifiable information from you such as a name and email address for our e-newsletter.
- For Booking, when you apply for a voyage, NbW will need to assess your suitability for the trip before confirming your booking place to ensure your health and safety.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18 years unless it has been provided by the parent or legal guardian for the purposes of joining one of our vessels for a voyage.
- If you are completing a booking on behalf of another person (Third party personal and sensitive data) you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which the data will be processed.
We may need some or all of the following information depending on the type of voyage you are wishing to book in order to fulfil the contract or service of the product you have booked.
- Personal contact information to communicate with you about your trip by email, phone or by post.
- Date of birth – to ensure the trip you have booked is appropriate for your age
- Dietary requirements – to help the ship’s cook provide for your needs!
- Emergency contact or next of kin contact details – to get in touch with someone ashore in case of an emergency during your voyage.
- Any pertinent medical information that might affect your – form of appropriate identification relevant to the trip you have booked.
We are required to collect the relevant sensitive data about you for the purposes of booking a voyage. If you do not provide us with this information when applying for your voyage, it may mean we will not be able to proceed with your booking.
How we collect your personal information
You can provide us with the personal and sensitive information we need through a variety of different methods including:
- Directly through our website by completing a form
- By email or over the phone
Why we Need it
We require the personal and sometimes sensitive information in order to process your booking and confirm your voyage reservation. The skipper is responsible for your safety during your trip, accuracy of this information is therefore of high importance.
We do not collect any personal information which we do not need, any of the details which we collect will be relevant for the voyage you are booking.